Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Going to Woodstock!

I'm planning to work a full day at the Woodstock Farm Sanctuary this Saturday Sept.6, 2008.
I'm seeking to repair the fragmentation and disconnection I feel from the natural world.
Photographing cows in Salem, New York this past nine days made me aware of their keen sensitivities and consciousness. I've heard pigs are very intelligent also. I think getting close will allow me to really get to know them. I mean, come on, I grew up on Long Island, not on a farm, and animal sightings were limited to dogs, cats, squirrels and racoons. So the exercise of photography can get you just so close and then you part ways never having an "interactive" moment.
I want to see first hand the fellow oxygen-breathing brethen that this vegan diet of mine is actually saving. Will they play with me? I hope so.
Anyone wanna join me?
Check it out at:
www.woodstockfas.org/visit

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Awesome!!! Looks really amazing. Can't wait to see/hear all about it. I bet you get hooked and end up there at least once a year. ;-)

CPVegan said...

Thanks, see new post.