Wednesday, February 10, 2010

having a dream where nobody has a heart

Regarding the blind eyes and the rampant complicity to slaughtering innocent sentient non-humans, I feel it's like having a dream where nobody has a heart. It seems as though the only strategy left that can make a significant change in the face of this cruel and senseless violence, is the power of love. I've been asked by a reporter writing a book on Baby Boomer Vegans to write something about my experience. As a result of my real-life experiences, I feel her noble wishes to convert 63 year olds to veganism will fall on deaf ears. These folks are already past seeing any benefit to themselves or the planet even though I'd prefer that the whole world go vegan. It is their adult children and their kids that are the new hope to help raise awareness through sensible consciousness-raising (don't even start me on Michelle Obama stating she loves hamburgers while telling schools how to feed children!). What are your thoughts?

No comments: